Monday, December 10, 2007

Snow!

On the way home from class I felt the need to step in or kick every pile of snow I passed on the sidewalk. Good thing my boots are waterproof, no? There was one particularly large pile I could see down the sidewalk near the Art Institute back entrance. Three, four feet tall maybe... it had to be kicked. As I approached it I gave it the strongest kick I could, spraying snow everywhere. I stepped back and watch chunks fall and splatter all over a car I hadn't before noticed, about a yard from the pile. I followed the snow as it fell on the roof and the hood and hit the windows, and then noticed the gentleman sitting in the front seat of the car. He was glaring at me with the coldest stare, as if I had just egged his dog or something. I apologized, but my headphones were on, so I'm not sure if I actual said it or just mouthed it. I guess he wouldn't have heard me anyway. Then I laughed and couldn't stop. I grinned all the way home. I found all the up beat songs I could sing to on the train. I don't know if I sang them out loud or just mouthed them. I'm sure the former would have annoyed the other passengers on the train.

I should work on that... making sure I don't sing out loud when my music is turned up a little loud.



"I will kiss you on the cheek, and you will call it treason."

No comments: