Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I hate titling things. Even blog entries.

Jason sent me another link from the Pierogi Flat File:Tavares Strachant
If you look for more of this artist's work, you'll find this.

I'm amazed. He's already done everything I'm trying to figure out how to do. And it's beautiful. I like the rest of his work too. I might even admit to a tinge of jealousy. He's showing all over the place it seems like. I feel like I'm never going to get there.

I received a cryptic postcard in the mail today. Getting mail always cheers me up. Here's one side... if I figure out how to do those fancy roll-over images, I'll put up the other side too:



I figured out most of it, but the upside down bottom left stamp wasn't on my list. So I tried looking it up, and came across a new list:

Stamps on:
Left corner, upside down means "I love you"
Left corner, crosswise means "I love another"
Left corner, straight up and down means "Wish to be rid of your correspondence"
Bottom of right corner, crosswise means "No"
Bottom of right corner, upsided down means "Yes"
Left lower corner means "Do you love me?"
Left lower corner, upside down means "I am displeased"
Left lower corner, crosswise means "I wish to have your acquantance"
Right corner, up and down means "Business correspondence"
Left side, in the center means "Accept me as a lover"
Left side, upside down means "I am engaged"
Left side, in the center, crosswise means "Who cares?"
(Source: "Fact, Fancy and Fable" by Henry Frederic Reddall)

This one doesn't agree with the previous one. I might have to combine all the lists I can find and create one cohesive one.

I also find it odd that there is more postage on the card than necessary. I'm pretty sure postcards are only 26 cents, not 42.

No comments: