Sunday, March 22, 2009

new things

I went to the BFA show opening friday, but didn't actually see any of the art. The crowd was immediately overwhelming, so I sought out friends and hid in a small group until they were ready to go elsewhere. I'll try to go back tomorrow to actually see what was there. I've heard really good things about this show and had high expectations since I know a lot of the people graduating. Most people have said it's a better show than previous years, and it has to be better than last semester's. That one was pretty bad.

Casey took me to a Buddhist meeting with him yesterday. I've been pretty much against any and all religions for as long as I can remember, but this seems very different from anything else I know. Some parts seem to follow things I already do or try to do in my life, while some parts are completely foreign to me. I want to learn more about it though and will probably ask Casey to take me to the next meeting too. Couldn't hurt to try it, right?

Quincy came over last night. I love having company, and he lives only a block away, so chances are I'll be hanging out with him more in the future. I made a quick dinner and green tea (with my new teapot from Rachel!) and we watched Lynch's Blue Velvet. Had I known more about it, I probably wouldn't have chosen to watch it with someone I hardly know... and I'm still not sure what to think about it. I'm going to have to watch at least once more before I send it back.

I'm probably going to go downtown today and play around in the lab. I've been wanting to make a new website, but I don't have CS3 at home anymore, so I can't work on much here. I'm going to buy CS4 soon though...I need to ask Mark to email me the link with the student discount through the school.

I should get moving. It's already nearly lunch time!

No comments: